Migraines & Headaches Community
Headache, rash, fever
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Headache, rash, fever

I've had a headache every day for 8 days.  They are mild headaches, but painful enough that I'm unable to do much unless I force myself while I'm at work-- which makes the headache worse. These headaches are not sensitive to light, are not throbbing, or stabbing.  They are more full/pressure. The headaches are on the front right/middle side of my head.  I've tried alieve, mortin, tylonol, asprin, and migraine meds... nothing helps.  Two days ago I started getting a rash on my arms and legs and now it's spread to my abdomen and chest.  The rash is dots/splotchy, not raised, not itchy and comes and goes throughout the day.  I'm not using any new lotion, detergent, etc.  I've also had a low-grade fever the past few days.  Normally I'm 97.4 and I've been 98.9 up to 99.8 the past few days.  Is this a sinus infection or should I go to the ER? I don't have any insurance right now and I'm not sure what to do.

Also, if it's related.. I'm hypothyroid and haven't taken my thyroid pills since May.  I'm out and no insurance although I'm not convinced they ever worked anyway.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
596605_tn?1369950227
I do wish that a doctor would respond. Given the fever, rash and headaches I would go to the Urgent care or the ER, if you are not improving by now. Even a sinus infection this bad is going to need to nuked with antibiotics. I don't want to scare you but meningitis should be ruled out too.
Horselip
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Rash and fever usually suggest infectious causes such as viral exanthems.  For proper evaluation of the rash and to rule out causes such as meningitis (as also mentioned above), it is best that you have this checked by a doctor. The rash itself warrants direct clinical examination. Symptoms to watch out for in meningitis  include fever and chills, mental status changes, nausea and vomiting, sensitivity to light, stiff neck and severe headache. Sinus headaches are usually rare but antibiotics are usually indicated for sinus infection. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...