Headache If I have more than 1 Alcoholic Drink & Stop
Hi, I have a pretty odd circumstance, I'm trying to figure out what I can do to prevent this, or what this is caused by.
If I start drinking and stop after 1 drink (Beer, Wine, Hard Alcohol) I will get a headache- sometimes for days- seems to be more of a sinus headache that turns into a migraine. The only way to get rid of it is to sleep (no guarantee). If I don't stop drinking I am fine.
This presents a problem for social settings- It is nice to go someplace and have a drink socially. I am forced to either Drink or Not drink. I am a 25 year old female who is otherwise pretty healthy, and I do plan on drinking here and there.
I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this or why this is happening. On a side note basically ever time I drink I am hungover- I can have 1 beer and have the same effect as having 8 the next day. (Please don't lecture me about not drinking- I do this on weekends with friends- I have no kids- Live a responsible life, and never drive after drinking- )
I have brought this query to my doctor but she seemed pretty disinterested in helping me figure anything out