Headache-Light sensitivity
Hi everyone, i would appreciate if someone could help me find the reason to this strange headache. I'm 18 years old, female, i've been having this heahache for 2 weeks now and it doesn't seem to get any better. When it first came it was really bad, it was felt all over my head and my neck was hurting too. Then the neck pain came off and the headache still continued. I noticed it gets worst at night..i find myself having to wear shades in the house because the lights make it worse. Also i got my period twice this month and it came heavier than usual and my scalp is strangely hurting too. I am going to see a doctor if i don't get any better by the end of this week but i just want to make sure its nothing serious or treatable with home remedies or over the counter medication.

Thanx in Advance

Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are very suggestive of migraine headache. Headaches, neck pain with photosensitivity are characteristic feature of migraine headache.
I would suggest you to take rest, avoid food items like caffeine, red wine, processed meats and cheese, artificial sweeteners. You can take OTC pain killers like Motrin. Head and neck massage will also help. Also make sure you eat on time and drink plenty of water.
Hope this helps!