Headache Medication
I have been advised to take Celebrex or Topamax for headaches. Which treats headaches/migraines better? Which has had more success?
How are you? What are the symptoms present? Migraine may present with throbbing headaches with associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. Topamax  or topiramate is a seizure medication, which is also used to prevent migraine headaches in adults. However, it will only prevent migraine headaches or reduce the number of attacks and will not treat a headache that has already begun. Celebrex or celecoxib, on the other hand, is used to treat pain or inflammation including headaches. Medication effect usually varies from one person to another. What is effective to one may not be as effective to another. It would be difficult to say which medicine has a better outlook.  You can take the celebrex as an acute medication while the topamax may be your preventive medication. Discuss this with your doctor for proper management. Take care and regards.
Hi! I was on topamax for about 4 months before I asked to be off of it. It didnt prevent headaches for me, and worse yet it made me very "dopey." I asked my doctor about it and he said it had gotten the nickname "dopamax."
I was constantly forgetting things (appointments, keys, times to meet my friends, etc.)

However, like Rowena_santenas_MD said, the effectiveness and side effects vary from person to person.

I hope this helps!
I have nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and sometimes the throbbing. (and a pressurized pain) thanks for the insight!!