Migraines & Headaches Community
Headache during ejaculation

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headache during ejaculation

I recently experieneced a painful headache during ejaculation while having intercourse with my wife. The headache was very painful and it went all around my head. I felt if for a couple of minutes and then a small headache followed that one. The next few days I also had intercourse, I experienced some small headaches during ejaculation.
I am 29 years old, and I had never experienced that. I am a truck driver, thus I do not sleep well or eat my 3 regular meals a day. I have been stressed out a lot and I don't know if the headaches that I recently experienced during ejaculation could be due to that or something more serious. I also had a cold recently and was a little congested. I thought it might also be the position I am in during ejaculation. The first time I experience this headache I was on my back. I tried a different position the next few times by being on my stomach, and the headaches were minor.
I would really appreaciate input on what could be the problem. Could it be due to stress? I recently had a cold and I was congested a little. I am also not eating or sleeping right and my job requires me to load and unload trailers. I feel like the answer to this is very obvious, but are these types of headaches normal?
Thank you all once again for taking time to read this and reply.
There is really a type of headache called "orgasmic headaches" and they are associated with sexual activity.  There are preventitive drugs that can help one I think is called indomethacin and another type is a triptan.  I would talk with you doctor I'm sure there is something that can help. But yes there is a type of headache related to orgasms. good luck

Yes you are suffering from coital headaches. The increase in muscle tension and blood pressure during orgasm causes headaches. Do not be unduly anxious as these headaches go away on their own and are exacerbated by anxiety and stress. Use a passive position for some time.