Migraines & Headaches Community
Headache for 6 weeks now

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headache for 6 weeks now

I've had a dull headache for about 6 weeks now (male, 26). Once fine morning I woke up and had a stiff neck and headache. I thought I didn't sleep well and just took some ibuprofen. Headache did not go away. I figured a good night's sleep will make things better, but no go. So after a week I went to the walk-in clinic and the doctor said it was a tension-type headache after a 30 second exam.

Last week I could not bear it anymore and went to the emergency room. Bloodwork, CT scan were normal. Got a referral to a neurologist but here (Canada) the wait time is about 5 months to see one.

Taking any medication does not help with the headache. The back of my neck has been stiff ever since and my pain radiates from the back of my neck to the top of my head. It's very dull, constant and my head feels like a million pounds heavy all the time.

I got my eyeglasses changed 4 weeks back, but that didn't help either. Symptoms get worse when sitting at desk with poor posture, making me think its got something to do with my neck. Now I'm at the stage when I always have to keep my neck slightly bent towards the front, otherwise its very painful.

I'm considering travelling to the US to get faster treatment. Any suggestions on things to try before I spend insane money?

Appreciate the help.

Just read your story. What comes to my mind as something that may be worth looking into for you, called an atlas readjustment. A displaced atlas (the top cervical bone) can cause such problems, and is often missed.

If on Youtube you do a search for this combination of words 'atlas orthogonal correction' you'll find a video that explains more about this.

I hope this may help you, best of luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll trying finding someone locally that can do that.