Migraines & Headaches Community
Headache in Eyes & Forehead

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headache in Eyes & Forehead

Hi, for the past 3 days ive been experiencing a pretty persistant headache across my temples and above my eyes aroudn the eyes lids and eye brows, a few days before this started happening i experienced some pressure in my right ear that sounded like a low pitch pressure bubble type thing,
my headache comes and goes all day sometimes more painful than others it makes me feel a little disorientated and a little dizzy, sometimes i feel a little sick but i havent vomited. painkillers arent working ive tried sinus congestion tablets and a nasal spray none of which work and my nose dosent seem blocked and isnt drainign and havent had a cold/flu lately either
im 21 year old female
i quite often have mild headaches,
if anyone could give me some answers it would be great i cant help but worry

thank you

Your symptoms are very suggestive of sinusitis or even an ear infection. Both these conditions can cause pain in the temples. Pain around the eyes and eye brows occur in sinusitis.
Since nasal spray and decongestants are not working. It is possible that you need a course of antibiotics to relieve the infection.

I would suggest you to take steam inhalation 3-4 times daily to relieve headache. Steam will liquefy the secretions collected in the sinus allowing them to flow out freely and relieve the pressure.

A trip to an ENT specialist is warranted. Take care!
Hey, thanks for your reply,
i went to see my doctor and he looked in my right ear and said i have some 'gunge' inside he gave me just ear drops 'Gentisone HC eardrops'
They dont feel like there actually doing anything, since then ive felt flu achey (achy) but no blocked nose no cough no chest congestion just the all round acheyness. my right side of my neck aches and my temples ache and across my forehead and aroudn my head is still a dull peristant headache which seems to get worse when i lay on either side and dosent respond to painkillers still, i still feel like i have pressure in my ear.
its driving me mad! i just want to feel well again! ive felt under the weather for over a week now .
any suggestions would be great

Thanks Lux

The symptoms seem to indicate sinusitis. Sinusitis can manifest as dull pressure headache in the temple or one side of the head. The pain worsens on lying down due to accumulation of secretions.
It will also help to know if suffer from any allergies. Allergies can also cause dull persistent headache in the temple region. Another possibility is TMJ or Temporomandibular joint dysfunction. This condition occurs in people who are in the habit of chewing gum or clenching their teeth.
This might be worth looking into if you have such a history.
ive never found anything im allergic too before i dont know how i would narrow it down to a sudden paritcular allergy, my dialy routine hasnt changed.
in regards to the jaw clenching i sometimes do find myself clenching my jaw, i chew gum occasionally, buti have had a habit of  constantly chewing my nails since i was about 6 years old.
i do have headaches often but they go away with painkillers and some fluids i put it down to having a job which entails always looking at a computer screen for about 10 hours a day.
my mother passed away 3 years ago and i was diagnosed with anxiety and depression too.
ill try to make an appointment with my doctor again who always seem to be busy!

thanks alot for your help!