Headache on lower left side of head and ear
I have this dull headache on the lower left side of my head and in my left ear.  It's chronic because I can remember having the same headache with the same symptoms as far as ten years ago.   It will go away after a couple of weeks and come back again in another 5 to  months.   I cannot figure out what triggers it; it's a dull pain ,  and sometimes when I turn my head on either side, I could hear this cracking sound coming from the lower back of my head.   It's very   unconfortable and I'm hoping it's nothing serious.
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Pain at the back of head or neck that intensifies on movement may be caused by inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. If it recurs after a few months, this could also be caused by cluster headache  which may develop during sleep, attacks every day for weeks or month, then disappear.  Alcoholic beverage and smoking may also be triggers. Check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Complete neurological examiantion with imaging studies will help determine the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.