Headache that travels down spine?
I have been getting these headaches every so often, about five or seven years apart in the evening hours (8pm - 9pm CST), that start in the right side of my head.  It feels something akin to an ice-pick headache, but after reviewing the symptoms of those, that is not what it is since it travels.  It doesn't start behind my eye, but in the right hemisphere towards the middle of my brain.  While still throbbing with pain there, it spreads out to the entirety of the right hemisphere, then travels down the spine.  From there, it feels like it travels back up my spine to the left hemisphere where it starts in the middle and spreads its way out, just like it did on the right.  It normally lasts between 5-15 minutes.  Anyone have any ideas as to what this is?  The only other symptom I have is that my body contorts with pain and becomes inflexible during these episodes.  Any theory would be a good theory!
How are you? Was there a previous trauma to the head or neck? Pain at the back of head or neck that intensifies on movement may be caused by inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. Anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants may help provide relief. Have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination and imaging modalities may be done to help determine the underlying cause. Take care and regards.
Did you ever get an answer to these episodes? Do you still have them? I get something very similar but they can last all day. I have burning in the spine that feels like a bad headache in my spine. I have myelopathy which is damage to the myelin. I also have mito, EDS and MCAS which is a bad combination but unfortunately they often go together.
But none of them specifically or directly cause this symptom you describe. But they may cause it indirectly. I've also been in 3 bad car accidents in my life with a TBI at age 11 and 18 and then whiplash at age 36. I blame the whiplash for part of the pain. I think maybe it is all of it combined. It can be scary. I also have generalized dystonia. I will try to note if it gets worse with these spinal-headaches.

The only thing I found that causes these things directly are spinal taps which I have not had and myalgic Encephalomyelitis but I do not have the fatigue that usually has with that. I sleep a normal 8-9 hours per night. I do have sudden horrible episodes of fatigue that are metabolic in nature (mitochondrial disease).
My spine also burns if my histamine levels go up so I feel that is the chemicals burning where the myelin is damaged.