Headaches & almost blacking out
Hi I am currently 15 years old. It seems like when I get up after sitting for a long time I get really lightheaded, dizzy, and I almost black out. I feel like I have to stand there until the blackness goes away. And when I stand there waiting for about a minute, I feel really weak. I also get frequent headaches. The headaches feel like they're more toward the back of my head.
Hello kay_h22,

How are you?Postural hypertension is basically dizziness experienced on the change of position.It is low blood pressure when standing up suddenly, can happen to anyone for a variety of reasons, such as dehydration, lack of food, prolonged standing in the heat, or being overly fatigued. It can also be influenced by genetic make-up, aging, medication, dietary and psychological factors, and acute triggers, such as infection and allergy. Symptoms commonly experienced are: dizziness, headache, blurred vision, noise in ears, trembling, drowsiness, confusion, and nausea.

If symptoms persist, it would be good to have your blood pressure checked and you may also consult your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.