Headaches Constantly? HELP PLEASE!
I'm a 15 year old girl currently entering my sophomore year in high school and I've been suffering for with headaches since I was in the 7th grade. I think they could hormone related since I sometimes miss my period and my breasts occasionally hurt. But I'm not sure. FYI I'm not on the pill or anything, so no issue there. I've been to different neurologists and have had many MRI and CT Scans, that all come back normal. I've been going to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, hoping they would catch something but everything appears normal. I've even gotten blood work to check my thyroid as well as to see if I'm missing vitamins, but they are all normal. My neurologists have ruled out migraines since these headaches are every day, all day. Sometimes they're in the front of my head, sometimes on the side, and sometimes they throb, sometimes they don't. I've went to an allergist, and watched what I've eaten, and there seems to be no trigger. They just...appear. Along with the headache comes sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, stomach cramps, numbing in my hands, and fatigue. Recently I've been taken a drug called Topiramate, it is a seizure medicine but is said to help headaches as well. Too bad it doesn't. I currently have a headache writing this! I also wear glasses for I'm near-sighted and I have a slight astigmatism. I even went to an opthamologist and she claimed that my eyes are extremely healthy.  In addition, I wore braces for about 2 years, so maybe there in something wrong in my jaw that is causing these problems? All in all, I have a wide range of symptoms, but no answer ):
I take Topiramate. It is given to prevent migraines, or at least cut down on the frequency. They have no idea how it works.  have LESS migraines, but \still have them sometimes. So it might actually be helping.

As a guy I only know a little about these things - but did "Children's Hospital" make sure you had a thurough exam by a gynecologist? I remember that my kid sister had a lot of medial problems, and one of her symptoms was irregular periods.  (I was never told the results, except "women's problems")

Ike
My daughter had similar problems with missing periods and terrible migraine like headaches that would seem almost constant. We took her to several doctors and everything came back normal until we took her to a gynecologist and found she had an abnormal cycle and it was causing her hormone levels to be out of whack and she was immediately put on birth control to try to regulate her periods and it helped with the headaches as well. I can't say this is what is happening to you but it is definitely something you may want to talk to your parents and doctor about.
How are you? A change in hormone levels is indeed, a common cause of irregular menstrual bleeding. Other causes include: thyroid and pituitary disorders, diabetes, certain medications. stress and gynecological issues like polycystic ovary syndrome. At your age, your headache may be associated with such hormonal issues. It is best that you have this checked by a gynecologist for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
That reminded me of something about mys sister's "mystery" condition::
what WAS done for my sister was to put her on the Pill - and if memory serves me correct, she was 13 or 14. (She's 56 now) She was the only girl in her class on the pill who wasn't on it for sexual reasons.
She stayed on them until she and her husband decided to have kids. Then everything seemed to regulate itself, and she didn't need them anymore.

By a strange coincidence, her best friend was naturally on the same cycle my sister was on from her Pill. So when she took her last pill each month, she'd call Andrea up to tell he they were about to have their period.

Ike