Headaches and Blurred Vision
I woke up a  few weeks ago and suddenly noticed one eye was extremely blurry.  I checked my contacts and tried switching them and it didn't go away.  The blurred vision did switch eyes though.  I went to the eye doctor who sent me to a retinal specialist.  They couldn't find anything that would cause it.  My family doctor suggested I see a neuologist.  I am 20 weeks pregnant and have a history of grand mal seizures.  My neurologist told me I was having a form of migraines (even though I didn't think my daily headaches were bad enough to have anything to do with my eyes and I thought they were sinus headaches).   My doctor gave me a medication to keep the headaches away in hopes of  clearing the vision.  The headaches are gone, but the blurry vision is still terrible.  I can't get in touch with my doctor easily and I'm looking for answers.  Is this a sign that it's not a migraine and it's something else?  The doctor can't do a CT since I'm pregnant.  I can't drive safely, read or work.  I need to find out the answer.  The doctor just told me not to work, sleep more and maybe my vision would clear up.  I just can't live with that anwser.

marirobyn

I suggest you seek consult with your OB/GYN. Visual problems in pregnancy may require further evaluation.Your gynecologist should be informed of your previous seizure history.I suggest that you have your blood pressure levels assessed.Also,a urinalysis and 24 hour urine collection sample may be requested.

Blood pressure and blood sugar levels in pregnancy need to be evaluated.Auras associated with migraine headaches should resolve within 24 hours . Is this true in your case? Have you had similar bouts of headaches before?
Thanks for the helpfulness.  My OB does know about my seizure history and I have a scheduled viisit with her tomorrow and of course lots of questions for her.  I was able to check my blood sugar once, but I would like her to check that and to see what she thought we should do.  

As far as the headaches...they aren't bad.  I've never had a migraine.  I've always had sinus headaches and frankly I think these headaches are from the vision.  Lately it's just been a pain in and around the eye that is blurry.  I don't really have a aura for the headaches.  I know what an aura is b/c I have them with my seizures.  I've expreienced far more severe headaches than these, so I'm not sure if I'm diagnosed correctly.  The doctor said they were migraines knowing they weren't bad headaches.