Migraines & Headaches Community
Headaches and Eye Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headaches and Eye Pain

For the past few weeks I have been suffering from eye pain and headaches. It started with a tenderness in the left eye. This then became a more constant irritation which has meant I find it hard to read the computer screen and bright light annoys me. Now I am getting headaches as well. My doctor initially thought it was sinitus but I went for a CT scan and that came back clear. But the blurred vision and headaches are still there. Can someone help me with what this might be as it is making my life miserable.
hi jimster, i have the same headaches. mine hurts on left side and in left eye.i cant be in  bright light. do you get sparkles in your eye when it hurts? cant stand any noise,light,get very moody to? i went to a migraine specialist and was dx with icepick migraines. i get those about 1 a month,last about a week and half. ask your doctor if  it is icepick migraines.  hope this helps,brainpain
I have had those for years and they are not fun. Hopefully they will give you something that helps
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You seem to spend most of your time using the computer. If this is the case, then an eye problem has to be ruled out first. Your scan came back normal which is a good sign. However a more localized eye involvement has to be ruled out in your case.

Also, try to rest the eyes every hour after computer use. Get enough sleep and eat well. Only after possible underlying conditions have been ruled out that migraines and other forms of benign headaches be considered. In your case, the scan was normal thus, there is no  need for urgent intervention.
sorry but i dont spend most of my time on the computer.i have no eye problems ,i get my eyes checked yearly becausd i had a 22mm pituitary tumor that got into my optic nerve.had crainotomy 2 years ago and eye doc says eyes are great. i have been to a migraine specalist that diagnosed me with icepick migraines.the pain of these migraines made me lose site for 20 seconds and it was an emergancy in my case,the pain gets so bad i just want to knock myself out just to hope to get some relief from pain. i get on the computer about an hour a day. thanks anyway