Migraines & Headaches Community
Headaches and Neck pain....sinus

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headaches and Neck pain....sinus

I had a sinus infection 6 months ago and have not been the same since.  I went to an ENT who just prescribed anti-biotics and CATScan which was normal.... Then had to go to a Neurologist because of daily head pressure and weekly migraines which I never had an issue with before my sinus infection.  So the Neurologist put me on 300mg of Gabapantin and Fioricet daily with 6 days of Pesdnisone.  Then I had an issues with "a vison" that the ER doctor thought was neurological... Neurologist scheduled an MRI and MRA and everything was normal.  He still wants me to take the Gabapantin for another month or so...

No I have pain in my ears, neck, head and now jaw.  the weird think is I cannot have any alcohol anymore without waking up with a massive headache.  It doesnt matter the amount even after 2 small glasses of white wine. The migranes (migraines) have stopped, but after doing research I think being on all this medication that my liver is shot???  I just need to know if anyone has had or is having the same or similar issue and what you suggest to try?  I dont want to be on medication for the rest of my life and my Accupuncturist is treating me for what i thought were sinus issues, but seems to be much more.

Sorry to hear about your pain.  It's amazing that you no longer have migraines since a pain pill like Fioricet every day leads to rebound headaches.  My first neurologist was an idiot who prescribed me Lorcet (an opiate) and Tramadol 24/7 continuously to treat my severe migraines for 8 months until I saw another neurologist who offered other treatments.  I don't know how long you have been on the narcotic, but you will definately need some medical advice to wean off the Fioricet when you do.  Don't just stop it.

My first doctors (who I got rid of) thought that my severe migraines were from a sinus infection which had just gotten diagnosed from a CT Scan.  Later my pulmonologist, new neurologist and ENT doctors all said that I couldn't possibly have severe migraines from a sinus infection.   My last MRI/MRA just showed that I still have the sinus infection, but my ENT doctor says it is non-symptomatic.  I'm still suffering from migraines, but not as much due to many treatments.  

So if your MRI/MRA showed things were normal, you no longer have a sinus infection.  

Sorry I don't know enough about the treatments for your other pain issues to offer you any other comments.  Good luck to you.