Migraines & Headaches Community
Headaches and numbness on left side of face

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headaches and numbness on left side of face, the headaches have been an issue for about two months with some more painful than others. I take extra strenght Excedrine and thats it. the numbness on my left side of my face started this morning and has me a little concerned. any ideas what could be the problem?
You should go to see a doctor about this as soon as you possibly can. Pain and numbness in the head and face could be serious.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Can you describe the character of your headache? Numbness, tingling or weakness  and other neurological symptoms that accompany a headache can be a part of complex migraine. Try to avoid the possible triggers such as food, weather, sleep deprivation, etc that may be causing these headaches. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your neurologist for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Have had it checked out its Bells pasly for the face being numb on one side as far as the headaches there not sure yet.....
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you for the update. With Bel's palsy, the muscles in the face become temporarily paralyzed and usually affects just one side of the face. It is said that the a viral infection makes the facial nerve swell or become inflamed especially if  there is history of diabetes, or  sick with a cold or flu. Most people begin to get better within 2 weeks even without treatment.  With regards to your headaches, further evaluation including imaging studies and blood tests may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.