Migraines & Headaches Community
Headaches-constant

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headaches-constant

I am a 28yr old single mum of 2 boys(2&7). I Suffer headaches from d moment i wake till the moment i fall asleep.I have always suffered some headches during my menstrual cycle but over d last 2 months they are constant and severe!! No matter wat i take there is no getting them to ease. these are taking over my life and also preventing me from being an active parent, Please help. Thank you!
I also have been having a constant headache from morning til night..nothing helps or makes it feel better except sleep..my mom said that it could be caused from tension..my headaches mostly hurt in the back of my head..hopefully this helps
I have suffered from migraines from birth and I'm now almost 26. Every once in a while I get a headache that will last a week or so, but the last 2 months I've had an ongoing headache in the back of my head from ear to ear. My doc put me on several meds Maxalt, Inderol, and Codiene. But these are not working. I am going to see my OBGYN to see if hormones have anything to do with this headache, because I know when I have a hormone-type headache at that time of the month nothing really helps those, so I will let you know what I find out about that. I just feel so tired and helpless, because I don't know what is causing these headaches and I don't know what kind of tests to ask the doctors to run because they're not offering to run any at this point.
thanks and good luck..id like to know what your doctor tells you.
topamax may work,ive been on it for 6 monthes and i havent had a headache in 51/2 monthes!i suffered from migraines headaches since i was 12yrs old im 32 now and there finally gone!
thanks for the advice..ill ask my doc about it
I have had headaches everyday and I had a medical problem from birth. I have shunts. I am 35 years old and tired of them

It is difficult to comment on the cause for headache without actually examining the patient. Since you have a long history of headaches, you should consult a doctor for proper diagnosis. However you may find the following information useful.

There can be several causes for headaches like injury, stress, eye strain, withdrawal from caffeine; migraine, tension headaches and cluster headaches (which are not associated with any other diseases), high blood pressure, brain tumors, strokes, meningitis and several other neurological conditions.
The exact diagnosis would depend on a detailed history with respect to the exact site, duration, time of the day, intensity, any associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, visual loss, any neurological symptoms along with your past medical history. Various tests such as blood tests, CT scan, MRI or lumbar puncture are usually necessary to establish a diagnosis.

Take care!

Opel,  I know exactly how you feel. I have had migraines since i can remember. I actually get physically down from them. Have you tried preventative meds? I have been on Elavil, Topamax, Inderol, and i cant remember what all else i have tried. I am currently on a combination of Elavil, Verapamil, and Prozac for migraine prevention. I still have at least 2 a month that I have to go to the ER for.  I take Maxalt and phenergan at the onset of the headache, Most of the time that gets it under control. I have had accu-puncture in the past too. The best relief I have gotten is from going to the chiropractor. If your neck or back needs adjusted it will cause horrible headaches. I have 2 different kinds of headaches. Menstual migraines, which is a headache everytime you start your period, and these last 1 to o  4 days usually. I also get one in the middle of my cycle. I was in a car accident when I was 2 yrs old and it caused my neck bones to be off center.
I get alot of relief from going to the chiropractor. You might consider this, or track your headaches to see if there is a pattern to them. Good Luck and please let me know how your doing.
My husband took Topamax and ended up in the hospital from acute pancreatitis, and it did not prevent the migraines. The acute pancreatitis triggered diabetes.
hi there I have been suffering headaches for over 6 years now since i came down with bells palsey  i have tried all the usual headache meds and still nothing helps  now my insurance company is trting to get me off thier books by sending me to odyssey health who will use exercize to get me to handle the pain   i dont know where to turn anymore  this will be the second time going through this kind of therapy   real tired of it