Migraines & Headaches Community
Headaches scared

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headaches scared

I'm 18 years old , for about a year or two I've had tension headaches (across my forehead) on and off , I went to see a specialist and she said they are hereditary from my father and prescribed me anti depressants to help calm down the headaches however I've been too scared to take them and thought I could just live with the headaches since I was mostly used to then . Lately they've been getting worse I feel pressure on the back of my head , tightness and a weird feeling I can't quite describe but it feels as tho for a second I can feel the nerves in my head if that makes sense . These symptoms have really started to worry me so much that I wake up at night and it's hard to fall asleep making me tired and moody in the morning. I have pain near my eyebrow bone , phlegm and pressure in my ears , I went to see a doctor about that and he told it was a sinus infection and to use a saline spray but it hasn't gone away .i also have stiffness in my neck and muscle pain on my back and shoulders . I'm very worried and was hoping if anyone could give me any answers
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? The headaches could indeed be due to sinus infection and if the symptoms persist, further evaluation may need to be done by your doctor. It is also possible that there is also concomitant tension headache as well as musculoskeletal issues such as muscle strain or skeletal conditions. Additional diagnostic tests such as imaging studies may help rule these out. It is recommended that you inform your attending physician for proper diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.