Headaches that wake me up at night
I have been having major headaches that come on during the night most of the time.They are so intense I hate to even lift my head up.I have tried zomig and imitrex both to no avail.They come on during the day as well. The last one made my left arm very sore and the veins running up the back of both sides of my neck hurt as bad as my head did.Is there anything I should be doing to help these?
Hello Dear,
Musculoskeletal causes might lead to your headache and it could  be referred pain .Bad sitting postures may also cause headaches.You should consult a neurologist and also go for a x-ray or a MRI to rule out cervical degenerative changes.Was there any jerk or spine injury?You should dod neck extension exercises and yoga.Keep your posture straight and use a soft pillow.
Best

Is this a one sided headache? What is the nature of this headache? Is it dull or throbbing.
Please elaborate.
Severe headache with one sided weakness is a sign of migraine. I would suggest you to try and identify a trigger for these headaches.
Avoid caffeine, red wine, Chinese food, chocolates and processed meat.
If OTC pain killers do not help please consult a neurologist. Do keep us posted!

I keep getting throbbing headaches tht wake me up at night- the pain is horrible and every time I move my head it throbs with pressure behind my eyes- what is causing this?!!