Migraines & Headaches Community
Headache...thing

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Headache...thing

My wife is having this issue, where for about two weeks she had a headache, kind of then one day it went away and was gone for a week or so, then came back with a vengence thursday and Saturday night ended up in the ER.  She says the pain seems to be coming from the middle of her brain, like a balloon is being blown up in in her head.  She does have a history of migranes (migraines), but we ended up in the ER last night because the pain she was experiencing was unbearable, now mind you she is used to migrane (migraine) pain, but this was somthing else, they checked her for any signes or corneal bending, which would have indicated some sort of added pressure, inter-cranial.  However, they said that everything looked perfectly normal.  They got her pain to come down via IV medication, from what she descibed when at the hospital, a pain of 10 out of 10 to this morning, a 2 or so.  She will be going to followup with en ENT and is supposed to get an MRI, when dont know yet, but that is the plan.  Ive had good experiences with other issues I have put up here, so thank you to anyone in advance who can offer any suggestions/help with this.
Forgot to say they ruled out Menengitis and aneurysm to thus far.
Its great that the pain level has decreased but the medication may just be hiding the pain. As a sufferer of intercranial hypertension that was undiagnosed and discredited as a cause of my severe headpain, wait until all the tests have been completed, my pressures were only confirmed by the insertion of a pressure gauge into the brain. The CT and MRI scans all came back normal. I've had headpain for years but this was different. I was asked to give my pain a rating out of 10. I said 20, it felt like my head would explode. The gauge was to be in situ for 3 days, 1/2 way thru the 2nd day they decided to operate. The normal pressure was to be between 6 to 12 the actual reading was 80 to 90. But this was not identified by the scans.
My advise get all the results, then act.
Merl1n
What treatment are you getting? I had posted a question about headache treatment for my daughter yesterday. Hope you are doing well.
Please don't stop until they have ruled out all serious problems with your wife. I sure hope you find out what is wrong. My daughter has bad headaches. We have been trying to get them taken care of (about 5 a week) for past 6 months, a lot of them severe. Have tried many things.