Aa
A
A
Close
Hit the back of my head
About a week ago I was sitting on my bed and got frustrated from studying for college and slammed my head backwards and hit my headboard (not that hard).  After about a day or so, it began to feel tender and would almost cause a little bit of a headache on the side where I hit it (left) and the muscle that goes up the back of the neck on the left side would begin to ache with the headache.  I have had no blurry eyes, no memory problems, just tenderness and everynow and then a little headache.  I have actually found that when I get stressed out (studying, etc) that is what triggers it.  My dad is a massage therapist and when he massages that neck muscle, it completely goes away.  I am a very anxious person, so I am probably making it worse always thinking about it.  Is this just a very tender spot of the head?  Should I be worried about anything?

Thanks
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
With any sought of head injury with or without any loss of consciousness it is always better to get a scan done - either a CT or MRI to document that there was no haemorrhage/ fracture. You should still consult your neurologist and see if he thinks if you need a scan. Also you should try some OTC painkillers and some hot fomentation and local application of diclofenac gel at the site. Goodluck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi,
Most likely you have a hematoma at the back of your head due to injury. Please consult a physician. Also do not get stressed about exams, relax and you will do much better. Take up some physical activity that will keep you physically and mentally fit.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources