Migraines & Headaches Community
I don't think this is just a cyst...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I don't think this is just a cyst...

Hello.

I've had a sort of cyst, lumpy and hard, the size of a dime, crescent shaped, on the right side on the back of my head for about 2 years now. A couple times a month, it would cause severe migraines. I got it checked out, from getting some of it scraped off, and was told that it was just a cyst, and could be removed. The doctors have tried injecting it, and it didn't work, so they tried freezing it off. It came off. Now, about 6 months later, I'm having migraines in the exact same area, and they're more frequent, about every other day. Sometimes even twice a day. Is this something internal, and should I get a MRI?
It sounds like you should see a doctor again about your migraines--preferably a neurologist.  Also if you take any pain relievers, even OTC ones, it causes rebound headaches.  There are daily preventative migraine meds that you could take instead.  Ask the doctor if you should get an MRI.  It could take awhile to get in to see a neurologist, so see a regular doctor in the meantime until you can see the neurologist.  Or maybe your regular doctor can get you a sooner appt with the neurologist.  Good luck.