Migraines & Headaches Community
I have head pain every day...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have head pain every day...

I can always getting headaches and migraines later in when i got in my 20. I resently hve had this so could Migraine that had lasted for 12 days along with me losing complet eye site for 15 miuntes. In that 12 days i experienced slurred speach, and I was always stumbling over my feet. The Pain was not like anything that I have ever experienced before. I had went to the doctors and the ER and then had just said it is Migraines. That was a year ago and every day I have pain on the Top of my head on the right side. normaly it is that side but some times the pain does move all over or to other spots. Can some one give me any advice. Thank you.
Sorry to hear about your pain.  When you went to the ER did they do a CT Scan or an MRI?  It sounds like you maybe had a TIA, or a very small stroke.  Especially since most of the symptoms have gone away.  

If you are 26 years old, then you can get health insurance through your parents I believe through the new ObamaCare bill.  But after 26 years, you definately would need your own insurance.

I would get in to see a neurologist and get an MRI to determine if you did have a TIA.  That would be important to know to avoid a future full stroke.  Sometimes, but not often, a stroke can cause migraines, which it seems like this different headache started during that time.

I had a full stroke which did cause a distinctly different migraine than I had ever had before which included pain at the top of my head, side of the head and by my eyes.  They are more difficult to treat, but there are many treatments that have helped me.

So definately go see a neurologist, or better yet if you can find a headache specialist or pain managment specialist, but the latter two are more difficult to find and can take a long time to get in to see.

I don't think that you have had full medical care for your problems.  Let me know.
Thank you, for responding to me. There has been a lot going on with me for the last several years. And no it was the fastest ER visit I had ever had in my life. I was in and out in a half hour. He did no test. I have also thought of the TIA the mini stokes. I don’t know if there are any genetic factors in it but my father had 3 strokes in 8 days and passed away from heart failure from the strokes. My mother just found out the she had a stroke but they can’t tell when she had it. I do currently have a neurologist but I am not happy with. I was originally seeing him for my migraines and then my weakness, numbness, tingling walking heavy and forgetfulness/ confusion is getting and I also get the blurred vision. His nurse told me he is seeing me for my migraines and I need to see my family doctor about all of the rest. My family doctor wants me to go to a Rheumatologist.
I hope you are doing okay after you had your stroke and I hope you have good doctors. Thank you for talking with me.
A rheumatologist???  Maybe fibromyalgia is what your doctor is thinking about.  

You need to find another neurologist who can better treat your migraines and give you advice about your possible TIA which would need an MRI to evaluate.  Yes, strokes are hereditary.  And if you did in fact have a TIA, then your chances of having a full stroke are about 33% in the next 5 years.  What has the current neurologist done to treat your migraines since you describe them as being daily?  Do you need to have a referral to see another neurologist?  

Yes, I have had some great doctors after "firing" my former internal medicine doctor and first neurologist.  It sounds like you could use some good doctors, but then I'm not a doctor.  But at the very least you need more explanation about what your symptoms could be about.  
-
Want to keep posted on updates.