Migraines & Headaches Community
I have sever Migraines and Headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have sever Migraines and Headaches

I went to the doctor because i had a infection in my lymph nods and i asked her to check my head because I've been having Migraines and Headaches since i was little and she didn't. I think it was because i have not insurance and i never had the 68 dollars in advance. She never checked my head at all, she gave me ibuprofen 600mg and they helped for the pain in my lymph nods but not my head. I told her i take like 5 Tylenol at a time to try to get rid of it enough to tolerate it so i can get around but she didn't even give me anything. I've tried Motrin, aspirin, Tylenol, Tylenol 3, ibuprofen, migraine meds and the only think that has worked just a lil bit to tolerate it is the regular Tylenol and i take up to 15 a day and i know its hard on my liver but no one wants to check my head for anything and my hospital said i can not request a cat scan my doctor has to request it and they just seem not to want to because i have not insurance and i owe a bill. What can i do to get some help and get stronger meds i can take everyday for my mi and headaches. I'm in pain and they will not do anything. I've only been to the Doctor once in 4 years and they just look at me like a druggie every time i mention my head and i just can not tolerate my pain. please help.
Some more info i forgot to put in in the post. I get headaches everyday. Some aren't so bad but when they get really bad i can take meds all kinds and nothing helps i keep taking taking and taking and my migraine is really bacd for like 4-5 days sometimes longer. I get knots on my head and i just cry because it hurts so bad, i'm out of options and my doctors will not help...
You need insurance to pay for the great deal that you need.  I would suggest that you get on Medicaid which only requires for you to have no more than $2,000 to your name.  Give everything else to either your husband or someone else that you trust. Otherwise you are going to die sooner from your liver giving out or from suicide from all the pain.

What you need is a daily preventative medication to prevent the headaches.  By taking your pain pills 3 times a week or more, you are perpetuating rebound headaches.  If that doesn't work, you need Botox injections or other injections or a number of other treatments.  Yes, a CT scan or MRI would be good, but it only rules out far more severe problems such as multiple schlerosis--in which case, you will really need insurance.  I would see a neurologist or headache specialist first, then try to get into a Pain clinic.  

Your life is more important than your possessions.  Get Medicaid immediately.

And if you have any extra time, get out there and volunteer to re-elect Obama who put through the ObamaCare bill which gives free medical insurance to those that cannot afford it.  The bill also requires that insurance companies cannot exclude covering you from pre-existing illnesses.  And while you're at it, help to re-elect any Democrats who are the only ones who support this bill.  All the Republicans are opposed to it--must be because they are all such good Christians who don't want to take care of the poor and medically suffering population.

I'm sorry for my tirade, but I am scared stiff that at some point I may lose my health insurance, then NO insurance company will touch the many many different medical problems that I have.
Plus the Democrats support giving as many poor people Medicaid as need it, where as the Republicans only want to give block grants to the States which will only give limited money for Medicaid.

This was one of the reasons that Ed Koch just gave for his support to Obama.  Look it up.