Migraines & Headaches Community
Iatrogenic leak

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Iatrogenic leak

How can I find a neurosurgeon to help me stop the leak? I have had five failed blood patches. And no neurosurgeon in Lubbock Texas will help me.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I'm sorry to hear about the failed blood patches in the past. To find the neurosurgeon that is best for you, you can ask for a referral from your local hospitals or attending physician. Hang on and do keep us posted.  
Doc, this was not helpful advice i should've specified that I live in TINY, remote Clovis Nm, my primary doesn't even know what a dural tear is and he doesn't believe it's possible for me to still be leaking. The local hospital and its affiliated Dr's won't send me in the right direction because they're the place that got me in this painful mess. So to answer my own question for others...find the biggest city and call every neurosurgeon in your insurance network. Be sure to tell them if its a cranial or spinal leak. Also let them know if it's iatrogenic or spontaneous.. If your Dr won't help you, change doctors! Good luck!