Migraines & Headaches Community
Is tesion headache 1-2x /wk too often?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is tesion headache 1-2x /wk too often?

I never told my dr about this.  My dentist popped these questions when reviewing my health questionnair.  I usually get these tension headaches a couple time a week, 1-2 hrs each time.  I cannot find a trigger - it happens sporadically.  Sometimes I can tough it out, sometimes I had to take Advil to get over it.  My dentist says that I have a high pain threshold since my complaint does not match the degree of damage that he sees.  So he thinks even if I can tough it out, a headache occurring 1-2 times a week for that long is unusual and should be checked.  Is he right?  Do I need to be concerned for anything potentially serious?  What can dr do to help?  The last thing that I want is to be put on antidepressant.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4084741_tn?1350812085
I would definitly contact your doctor about this. It takes a long time for most doctors to diagnosis headache problems so the sooner the better.

It took over a year and half before I even got a dx of interracial migraines with auras. Im STILL dealing with finding the right med combo for it.

Blessings!!
Blank
IIt doesn't sound like the biggest deal to me, especially with them not lasting long and you don't say that they are severe, but then I'm not a doctor.  I would definately calendar it to know exactly how many a month that you have.  It may be more than you think.   If you are taking any pain reliever, even OTC ones, more than twice a week you risk rebound headaches.  

I don't think that it ever hurts to tell your doctor about a problem.  You can listen to what the doctor has to say and then make your own decision about what to do.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...