Is there something seriously wrong with me?
Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm really concerned/worried about my health. Ever since I was in about 4th or 5th grade I remember getting headaches a lot. Of course my parents and I just brushed it off. Until I was in 8th grade, I was getting really bad headaches every single day. I read a lot of things on the internet and I'm pretty sure I have chronic daily headaches. I still have them to this day (today was bad, too). But I'm scared it's something serious.
A few weeks ago I woke up with a little headache and by the afternoon it was unbearable. It was the first time ever that a headache made me cry. I was very nauseous (which happens a lot now) and threw up about an hour later. I've suspected maybe I might have brain cancer but I always push that thought out of my mind because a friend of mine has brain cancer. He said it started with headaches, too.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of times I would just zone out for about a minute or so and I find it hard to focus on something without my eyes shifting somewhere else. And to add on more worry, in the back of my neck at the top (where the skull starts) I have little twitches a lot. I started being concerned about it when I was at the dentist and I had to take an x-ray. While I did, the back of my neck twitched a little worse than usual when the x-ray machine went around my head. Is there something wrong with me?
Have you been evaluated by a doctor for the headaches?
Headaches with nausea... migraines - and there is treatment - but you do need to go and make sure nothing else is going on. I also got headaches as a kid so you are not alone.
There is no way to know what it actually is unless you see an actual doctor and get tests and scans - but odds are that if it was cancer, well, you would have other symptoms by now since it has been so long.
Please see a doctor and an eye doctor too.
I was supposed to take a blood test a while ago but I skipped out. I don't like needles :/
But I will see a doctor soon. Thanks.
How are you? I agree with rumpled that you should have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Aside from blood tests, I also recommend that you have imaging studies done such as CT scan or x-ray of your neck to rule out any musculoskeletal causes. Migraine headaches usually present with one-sided throbbing headache. If this is the case, it is important that you determine the possible triggers to prevent recurrences. A headache journal or the headache tracker here in Medhelp may be very useful. Take care and do keep us posted.
What are the possible triggers for the migraine headaches you mentioned? I do have headaches with one sided throbbing pain, it's usually on the right side just above my ear.

I didn't mention this earlier, but sometimes I need to rest my head a certain way because I feel like my head is.. too heavy? for my neck to support it. I don't know, that's like the only way I can describe it. Anyway, thanks for your time and I will try to keep you posted as much as possible. :)
How are you? Common migraine triggers include hormonal changes in women; certain foods such as  aged cheeses, chocolate, aspartame, overuse of caffeine, alcohol, monosodium glutamate, salty foods, and processed foods; stress; sensory stimuli such as bright lights and loud sounds; changes in wake-sleep pattern; environmental changes; certain medications; and intense physical activity.  Skipping meals or fasting also can trigger migraines. Try to write in your headache journal any activity or food that you eat prior to any headache to determine your possible triggers.  Take care always.
With regards to the sensation of heaviness and inability of your neck to support your head, inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck may be possible causes. Try to observe if this occurs with your migraine or  different attack. Do keep us posted on your follow-up with your attending physician.