Migraines & Headaches Community
I've had a headache for three days

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I've had a headache for three days

Hello

I have had the same headache for three days straight now. It hasn't been very painful just worrisome and uncomfortable. The symptoms are dullness, in between my eyes but moves around from there to the top, sides and back of my head, along with some tightness. This headache is accompanied by wooziness. I feel almost like I have been drinking the night before, like kind of spacey. I was wondering if this sounds like a tension headache? Or could it be a sign of something more serious?

My stress level is high. Having some family problems, some money problems along with schooling and trying out for the police department. But I've had stress before and never had these symptoms, ever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? You are right about tension headaches. Tension-type headaches present with dull, non-throbbing pain, associated with tightness of scalp or neck. The degree of severity remains constant and may be caused by stress. In your case, your high stress levels may be the cause. Rest, ice packs and muscle relaxants may help provide relief.  Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi Rowena

I'm still dealing with the headache and wooziness and nothing seems to really help except for sleep. Thanks for your advice. I was leaning towards tension headaches and I just wanted to get some other opinions. Since I don't have health insurance it is kind of comforting to get the advice of others. Thanks again and I will try to take it easy. : )

Do these pranayam (breathing exercises) and the stress and headache will go down gradually. Be patient and keep doing the pranayam. Your feedback will help others in similar position.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Thank you for the techniques. They are so relaxing! Unfortunately I went to the hospital on the 15th and they gave me some medicine for my headache that caused me to have horrible side effects. I am still suffering from those effects but I am doing the techniques that you suggested to me. They help me to relax.

Thanks again.
Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem. I am a teenager and one day while playing soccer I noticed that when I was running my head hurt where the sphenoid is on both sides. 2 days later I woke up and it hurt on the right side only, during the day I didn't really notice any pain but that night I was having a hard time focusing my eyes on the tv (I couldn't read words or focus on the peoples faces). I went to bed and the next morning it hurt again, as well as the next mornings, it wasn't after 30 minutes or so, it was right when I woke up and it is always in the same spot. It has been about a week since the headaches started and i am a little worried.