Killer headaches
I have been having headaches for about a year now. They started when i was pregnant. When my daughter was born i had a c-section and had spinal headaches and then had the spinal patch done 5 days after she was born. My headaches have been off and on since then but i have noticed recently that they reoccur when i workout. I took off about two months of exercising because of events happening and have been back to the gym three days now and my headaches have come back. I had a CT scan done about a month ago and the results came back negative and i also had a MRI done in January and there was nothing wrong then either. What is the problem????? I cant imagine that i am dehydrated.....i drink tons of water, but i dont think too much. I want to keep working out, i have to, but the headaches arent worth it. Any ideas would be very very appreciated!!! Thank you
Did they check your spinal pressure or any other thing to rule out a csf leak? Maybe the blood patch did not hold? A CT scan by itself won't show a leak. That' just jumps out at me given your history. But you might have migraines of another type of headache that could benefit from seeing a headache specialist to 1. identify the type and 2. do a treatment plan.
Headaches are no fun. I've had one for six plus years because of a csf leak. Thankfully my pain is well managed for the most part.
How are you? Exertion headaches usually present with generalized head pain of during or following physical exertion such as running, jumping, or even sexual intercourse. It can also occur in passive exertion like sneezing, coughing or bowel movement. majority of these headaches are related to migraine or cluster headaches. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by a neurologist to rule out possible organic diseases like aneurysms, tumors, or blood vessel malformation. Diagnostic tests like imaging studies may also be indicated. At this point try to avoid physical activity that could trigger the headaches. Take care and do keep us posted.
I've had 24/7 migraines for almost 3 years.  I've been diagnosed with a 3.5 cm brain aneurysm.  Do you think that an aneurysm that small could be causing my migraines?  I cannot exercise at all.  Even walking in a store too long, my migraines can get far worse.
Hi Sara, i  m having same problem, and i feel relax when i taught with Dr.Rohit Gupta. He is an Neurologist Speciallist. When i meet with Doctor, he suggest me Right Treatment. http://drrohitgupta.co.in/
I cut out all artificial sweeteners. You MUST do this. Then I realized that my mouthwash contained a variant of saccharin(worst of all the fake sugars) in it. I stopped using it and all symptoms stopped.