Migraines & Headaches Community
Lightning headaches with nose bleeds

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Lightning headaches with nose bleeds

I get these awful lightning headaches that shoot through my brain not my skull my brain. I am 22 and I've had them from age 15 I have tried explaining it to people and unless they witness me getting one they think I'm lying about the pain level I recently had a baby and that compared to the headaches was nothing. It drops me to my knees I often get nose bleeds and also black out when I come to I feel tingly and numb I can't focus my eyes and every noise hurts I had to get ride of my little finch which made a lovely little noise very quiet hardly noticeable after a headache that lovely noise would leave me in a corner crying I've seen chiropractors and had no change it happens with or without me wearing my glasses I don't have highblood pressure I've been checked for anemia the only thing the doctors seem to agree on is I could possibly have a berry aneurysm but they all say I'm to young for that to be a possibility so no one seems to know what it is I'm at a loss and with a new baby I need to be tip top can anyone help me....
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What diagnostic tests were initially done? Aside from the possible aneurysm, this could also be due to primary headaches such as migraine headache. There are many types of migraine such as  hemiplegic migraine that may present with sensitivity to light or sound, numbness, slurred speech, weakness, loss of balance or coordination. Identifying and avoiding possible triggers may also help. It is best that you check with your doctor or be referred to a neurologist and also ENT for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.