Long Term shunting
My husband has hydrocephalus with a ventricular pleural shunt.  He has had multiple shunt revisions  with his first shunt  placed when he was five which lasted for 40 years.  The revisions have all taken place in the past three years.  
He appears to be over shunting with headaches when he stands up.

My question is his CT scan this week also came back stating there is a crowding of the Cerebellar tonsils at the region of the foramen Monroe.
Could this be causing his headaches? Or is this normal for people with hydrocephalus?
Hi.

Have you discussed this with his neurosurgeon ? There is a possibility that the CSF pressure has increased. When was the last CT scan done (before this one) ? And did it mention anything about the tonsils ?

Regards

DrAbhijeetMD
Thank you  for your information .  After your suggestion we did speak to my husbands neurosurgeon.  yes the CSF pressure was high and they found a multidrug resitant shunt infection.

We appreciate your responce.
Smcnulty