Migraines & Headaches Community
Lupus and Migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Lupus and Migraines

I have SLE along with discoid lupus and Sjogren's disorder.  I have history of migraines but recently have had increase (two weeks) of aura and migraines.  I have been taking Advil daily for 12 days!  I was wondering if there is anything I could do to stop number of migraines?    Thank You   Lisa

Since the migraines have recently increased in frequency it is important to determine the cause of this. Has there been change in your dietary habit or have you been under undue stress?
Please maintain a headache diary or use the migraine tracker to identify the trigger for your migraines.
If advil is not working you may need prescription migraine medication like Imirex etc.
You can also take magnesium supplements as they have been found to help with migraines.