Migraines & Headaches Community
MRI findings

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

MRI findings

I have had migraines orbital eye pain and ringing in ears. I have been told years ago that I could have MS?
I just had an MRI and there is no evidence of acute ischemia, acute hemorrhage, mass,mass affect, midline shift, or
extra axial fluid collection . No pathologic enhancement. Within the left frontal subcortical white matter there is a4mm focus of increased flair signal on image 4. On image 11 there is a 5mm focus of increased flair signal in the anterior margin for the right putman. No corresponding enhancement or restricted diffusion is identified at either of these two sites. Impression two tiny foci of increased signal within the left subcortical white matter ad anterior right putamen as above. I would like to have an opinion on this finding before I go back to see my neuro. have had past plaque reported but symptoms seem to be getting worse and I don't want to let this get any worse.!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What are the symptoms present ans what other diagnostic tests were done? Multiple sclerosis (MS) is the most common inflammatory demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Diagnosis, however, according to the McDonald criteria,  requires objective evidence of lesions disseminated in time and space which may be seen with MRI. Typical MRI results for  MS is involvement of corpus callosum, U fibers, temporal lobes, brainstem, cerebellum and spinal cord. It is important to differentiate the nature of the white matter lesions- whether this is due to normal aging or from vascular issues. It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your response over 8 years ago I did have a spinal tap it was normal. I have had since 2004 had MRI on the brain which I did have increase plaque each time not many . I also had a VEPT which the Dr pro forming  that said that whatever medicine I needed to get on I needed to defiantly get on it ? That was over 6 years ago . My neorologist that has retired had suggested that I take the shots but since I didn't have a progressive type of MS according to studies done ? But I do have trimmers , twitching of the muscles , and lots of other things I can't stand the heat I do have issues with IBS , and chronic fatigue is horrible . Among many other things. Thanks for any other info that may help I have had a positive ANA and a negative one also so I'm so confused but want to make sure I'm getting the proper treatment.