Migraines & Headaches Community
MRI results?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

MRI results?

Hi everyone,
I've been having almost daily headaches for awhile now so my Dr sent me for an MRI. (I have other issues as well but won't get into them all here lol) I got the results yesterday but am not completely sure what it all means. Can anyone help?
Here is what it says.
MR of the Brain
History
Headaches

Technique
Sagittal T1 and Axial T1/T2/Flair images of the brain

Findings
The midline is central. Ventricles and sulci are within normal limits.
There is a small focus of increased signal in the deep white matter of the right vertex. This is non-specific and of unknown etiology and may be related to chronic microvascular changes. A focus of demyelination cannot completely be excluded in this age group.
A focus of increased signal measures 7mm.
The remainder of the white matter is clear. Diffusion weighted imaging is normal with no signs of acute ischemia. The foramen magnum is clear.
There is no abnormal mass or collection.

Thanks in advance for reading.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Aside from headaches, what other symptoms are present? The MRI showed no evidence of mass or abnormality of the significant structures seen. There was increased signal in the deep white matter and may be associated with non-specific issues and may be due to chronic microvascular changes, which could be related to aging. Primary headaches such as migraine may also be contributing. It is best that you discuss the result with your doctor for proper evaluation. Your medical history,symptoms, over-all health are also important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thanks for the reply.So I still haven't been into my Dr (turns out she has become very sick, not sure what is wrong exactly, and not returning so am waiting on a new Dr to replace her), but I had my Neuro app today. He told me that the "white spots" were from a scar on my head nothing more. Told me my headaches, cold hands and feet, etc are all related to the fact that i smoke. When I asked about my memory problems, he asked if I paid attention! He told me to read more and improve my brain. When I said that it didnt' explain the fact that I forget things while speaking, or that I forget simple words, etc, he had no explanation. Told me to change my lifestyle habits, get better sleep, eat better, start walking more. I told him I had trouble sleeping. He said, sleep more. He seemed annoyed, like I was wasting his time. Got some of the MRI pics, but not all, though said my scan looked fine and nothing to worry about. When I asked about the deymylination part on the report, he said that had to do with MS and since I had no lesions on the MRI, I had nothing to worry about. He finally just picked up his recorder and started talking into to it, I guess to shut me up since I was still talking when he did so. So I am no further ahead it seems and even more frustrated.