Migraines & Headaches Community
Major headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Major headaches

I get very sharp pains in my head on the top sort of on the right side.  It feels like a lightening bolt zapped me the pain then goes toward the base of my skull.  My left arm begins to hurt. and then it goes away.  I get migraine but I know this isn't one.  It doesn't last long. or happen very often but it hurt real bad.  What might it be?
Avatar n tn
What you describe is probably an icepick headache, these are sharp pains that last for a few seconds and then goes away. These pains characteristically recur. Icepick headaches are very common in patients with migraine headache.Indomethacin is usually prescribed to prevent these headaches. Please consult your physician about it.
Hi, do you have any associated symptoms with the headache, is your blood pressure in normal limits, stress can worsen the vasular headache. take OTC pain killers and consult your physician for proper check up.