Migraines & Headaches Community
Mayo Clinic

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Mayo Clinic

I have migraine, ice pick and chronic daily headaches. I have tried everything under the sun and have just lived through a period of sub-speciality hell (specialists who only look at their particular body part). I now have an offer of a visit to Mayo Clinic. Has anyone been to Mayo? What has your experience been? I appreciate your information.
Mayo clinic is supposed to be one of the best hospitals in the world.
Pl don't hesitate to visit the clinic.

Migraines can be easily controlled with medications like pain killers , ergot preparations and other triptans. headaches could be due to other cause also. Which should be rules out like vision problem , hypertension , sinusitis.

So don't worry and visit the clinic .
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your reply. You are right, the migraines are much easier to control than the other headaches. I have had luck with botox and the ice pick headaches but my insurance will not pay any longer. I have had no luck in controlling the chronic daily headaches. I have tried numerous medications, alternative medicine, massage, chiropractors... I have been in sub-speciality hell trying to find someone to find a cause and treatment  for these headaches. In the last month I have seen a pain specialist who tried injections, a nuero-opthamologist to rule out the eyes and a chiropractor who is board certified as a nuerologist (he is working on the Mayo aspect now). I have had more than 15 vials of blood taken trying to rule things in and out as well. I am going crazy!