Migraines & Headaches Community
Medication DOES NOT WORK - I want to shoot myself

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have had headaches, migraines, and cluster headaches in the past - this is not any of them and is something entirely different.

I have tried every headache, migraine, and blood pressure medication out there and nothing works.  I have a constant headache, in my forehead and behind my eyes.  It gets worse when I stand up, exert myself (weight lifting), or even ejaculate.

The head pain is unbearable, but after suffering every second of the day I am used to it.  I feel stoned/drunk all the time and my parents keep making comments on how sick I look (god forbid they actually try and help me).  

The main problem is the head PRESSURE.  I feel like I have a spring in my forehead that's all wound up and doesn't want to unwind.  My eyes constantly hurt, especially right behind them.

For some reason, plugging my nose, closing my mouth, and blowing gently (Valsalva Maneuver) helps my condition.  Could this be a CSF leak?

Vasoconstrictors also seem to make the problem worse, and vasodilators make it better (magnesium, alcohol, and others).

I feel like I'm in a state of fog all the time, and cannot think straight... ever.  24/7 I am in a state of confusion and my eyes are constantly defocusing.

Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

Thank you!

lowbrainpower

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present and what diagnostic tests were done in the past? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through with your headache attacks. This could be due to exertion headaches also and may warrant further evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done.  If your present medications are not helping, stronger prescription medications may help. It is best that you inform your doctor or neurologist for proper management. Complementary and alternative medicine such as acupuncture and biofeedback therapy may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.