Migrain or headache
I tripped at work and broke C3 in my neck. I was having severe headaches and went to a pain specialist. He gave me injections that seem to help and then he sent me to a chiropractor and they did some different exersises. They only were temperary releif. The injections lasted longer. When I get a headache it is so strong that I take 3 & 4 500mg tylenol at a time just to take the edge off of it. I have taken them like every 3-4 hours until it eases up enough to live with it. Also there are times when I wake up in the morning they are so bad I can hardly pick my head up off of the pillow. How can I make these ease up so I can at least handle them. Is there an over the counter medicine that will work so I don't have to take so much medication. I don't want something that will make me drowsy.
Thank you
Dear,
The degenerative changes and the broken C3 cause pressure over the nerve roots causing pain. Treatment options are geared toward pain relief.  Pain medications such as NSAIDs, corticosteroids orally or injected, anti-spasm drugs, anti-convulsants to help with the burning pain, and in some cases, narcotic pain relievers are given.
He should go in for Physical therapy such as hydrotherapy, massage, and hot/cold therapy.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a treatment in which a painless electrical current is sent to specific nerves through electrode patches that are placed on the skin. The mild electrical current generates heat that serves to relieve stiffness, improve mobility, and relieve pain
Treatment methods should be focused on pain relief and maintaining quality of life.Although slow, usually these conservative treatments relieve pain.
Refer http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article180.html
Best