Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraine

My name is vinu and I am a 26-year-old healthy male with no other medical issues except TMJ.    For 3 years i am having headache, which will come suddenly when working, traveling, or even waking up.  I cant predict it as mild or severe.  Sometimes will come severe and sometimes not, but it became more worse with the time and now it has more episodes.  Gone to the physician and told about this and he suggested migraine tabs flunarazine and i taken that for headache, which not lessened headache and again saw the doc after one month after that, he told me to check the eyes and gone to eye doctor and he said it is squint and has vision loss regularly (I changed glass 5 times in the last 3 years, which may be related to my work) and suggested surgery and i have done that with 70%-80% success, but headaches are became more severe after that and i complained it to doctors and he said that it may be ur work stress, which may be contributing, and told me to see neurologist and neurologist then referred me to psychiatrist who give some medicines to avoid anxiety attacks, but that medicine also not worked and he again told me to see the referring neurologist and neurologist ordered all the blood tests such as CBC, TSH, ESR, RFT and MRI scan just few days ago and blood results came absolute normal.  MRI results also normal.  Only abnormalities noted in the recent time were occasional BP readings of 160/90, 150/90 in the evening, hyperventilation in the chest x-ray.  I have sinusitis in the recent time, which is not chronic treated with meds and ruled out in the CT.  Please give me a advise regarding this. is this migraine or stress is playing role in this.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that initial diagnostic tests and evaluation were fine. While TMJ may also present with headaches, this may indeed be associated with primary headaches such as migraines also. Identifying the possible triggers with a headache journal may help. If prescription medicines are not working, you can also try complementary and alternative medicine such as acupuncture or biofeedback therapy. Follow-up with your dentist or ENT  for your TMJ may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi doc, thanxs for the reply.  I am really going through a Hard time due to this headache.  I have a accident in my childhood and divergent squint, dental misalignment are the results of that.  I cant imagine this pain, this becoming worse, i have light headache all the day, but worsens with activity such as concentrating on something in computer, television like that.  I had done surgery for squint, which is not 100% successful.