Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine With Tremors

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraine With Tremors

Migraine Headache woke me up at 4:00AM this morning, I have not had a migraine that bad in a long time, most of my migaines are on the left side of my head, rarely on the right, however this morning it was in the crown of my head. As if you could draw a circle around the crown of my head. i did get up at 5:00 and took some medicine and it did relive it somewhat, but after I got up and was getting ready for work I noticed that I was trembling, I was not cold or nervous, but I was trembling all over. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I normally do not tremor even with a migraine.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

An appointment with a neurologist will be able to help. Your trembling needs to be elaborated.Your physician may ask you to describe this in detail as to exclude this from a seizure ( which may not be likely now only a differential ).Other underlying systemic disorders may also need to be excluded like nutritional and hormonal problems, levels of electrolytes like calcium, sodium and potassium.

A thorough work up is necessary so that your headaches may also be reassessed if indeed this is just a case of migraines or this may be caused by an underlying condition  that may be corrected.

Do keep us posted regarding your physician's advise.

Thank you for your reply, I am much better today. I know that the tremors were not seizure activity, I have had seizures in the past and I take Tegretol daily just for maint. My husband seems to think the headache may have been caused by out of control blood pressure, I checked it yesterday at a pharmacy at their little machine, it said it was 153 over 102, however I am not sure how acurate those machines are. My blood pressure has been high in the past, and I was put on Rx. to control it, after it leveled off for several months I stopped taking it, with Dr.'s permission, and it has been fine. Would high blood pressure cause an exteme headache like that...in the middle of the night when I am at rest?