Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine a mild seizure?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Migraine a mild seizure?

I have a history of occassional migraine, possibly the most painful ones occurring 4-5 times a year. Symptoms: Aura, metallic taste in mouth, tongue feels swollen (though it is not) loss of verbal vocabulary... finding basic words, spelling, etc. light and noise sensitivity, forgetfulness during episodes of migraine symtpoms and short-term confusion, for example; washing face with shampoo due to temporary loss of basic focus, coordination and sometimes balance. Staring off into space, blank spots for a few moments and then snapping back out... while this is normal with sleep deprevation, I don't believe at this point that this is the cause. I have taken Zomig 5mg at the onset and it has helped me sleep a bit, however the is a shortness of breath and, as soon as I wake up the symptoms are still there. It seems to me that the medication is covering up the pain for a while but, not stopping the condition. Finally, I am genetically predisposed to the possibility of seizures through my mother and wonder if this needs further attention because it seems to bridge over into seizure territory, eventhough the aura may be rare for seizure sufferers.
Any input would be appreciated.

Regards