Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine and epinephrine

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraine and epinephrine

I had an allergic reaction and was given adrenaline. Probably about 20 to 30 minutes of receiving it I experienced a severe, spasm-like headache. My head feels like to explode but unable to.it was a very, very scary experience for me. I was also actively vomiting with it. Did the epinephrine triggered my migraine?  I still had residual headache after 72 hrs.
Epinephrine is a selective vasoconstrictor, which means that it can close off microcirculation. It is unusual, but possible the vasoconstriction cut off blood supply and triggered the headache.