Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine or something more??

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraine or something more??

Hello, I am 20 years old and I have been suffering from migraines for 4 years now, but I feel like there is something more than just migraines. The pain will last sometimes for weeks at a time. No medication the doctors gave me work. My symptoms include confusion, I have started to stutter, and it is difficult to remember what I was saying in a middle of sentence, my vision gets blurry, my left eye swells, and I also wake up with a migraine every day when some eventually goes away as I fully wake up, dizziness and nausea. I just recently went to the doctors after giving in because I was so annoyed of no doctor listening to me. Once again I was ignored and she gave me the same medicine I was already on after I told her twice that it does not work. She did give me a reference to a neurologist and I felt a little relief, but the next day the doctor called and told me that my Reference to the neurologist was denied and that I should be put on a different medication. Today I gained a new symptom and my eyes are twitching. Not just a little but it is pretty intense. Can someone possible give me advice on what to do, or maybe perhaps I am over thinking everything? Im scared that it may be a brain tumor, but how am I suppose to make sure if the doctors do not think it is serious??
Migraine often occurs as a result of low brain levels of magnesium - most migraine patients are found to have low brain magnesium levels during migraine attacks.  One clinical trial found that supplemental magnesium caused the complete elimination of migraine pain within 15 minutes in 80% of migraine sufferers and more than half of these migraine sufferers were still free of symptoms 24 hours later.

Magnesium deficiency symptoms also include eye twitching, stuttering, confusion, blurry vision, dizziness, and nausea to name a few.  Highly recommended to try chelated magnesium supplements for a couple of months to see if your symptoms improve. Do not take magnesium supplements if you have heart or kidney problems.