Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine or something more??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Migraine or something more??

Hello, I am 20 years old and I have been suffering from migraines for 4 years now, but I feel like there is something more than just migraines. The pain will last sometimes for weeks at a time. No medication the doctors gave me work. My symptoms include confusion, I have started to stutter, and it is difficult to remember what I was saying in a middle of sentence, my vision gets blurry, my left eye swells, and I also wake up with a migraine every day when some eventually goes away as I fully wake up, dizziness and nausea. I just recently went to the doctors after giving in because I was so annoyed of no doctor listening to me. Once again I was ignored and she gave me the same medicine I was already on after I told her twice that it does not work. She did give me a reference to a neurologist and I felt a little relief, but the next day the doctor called and told me that my Reference to the neurologist was denied and that I should be put on a different medication. Today I gained a new symptom and my eyes are twitching. Not just a little but it is pretty intense. Can someone possible give me advice on what to do, or maybe perhaps I am over thinking everything? Im scared that it may be a brain tumor, but how am I suppose to make sure if the doctors do not think it is serious??