Migraine or wakeup headches
I am 49 yrs old> For more than 2mths I have this throbbing pain on the side of my head just above my left ear. It starts as soon as I open my eyes in the morning and sometimes when I am up an about in the morning.
I have had a ct scan done and also checked for sinus and allergies and also had blood tests to check for thyroid and also blood aggregation. All is normal.
what I can recollect is I had this shoulder pain for a very long time and I went to a chiropractor who said I have cold shoulder, so he suggested 12 sessions of therapy, during those sessions I was not relieved from the shoulder pain instead as soon as I stopped I started getting these wakeup headaches.
My period is irregular. Till February of this year I was regular then it stopped for 5 mths. I went to a gynac who gave me pills so I could get my period and then she suggested to take birth control pills for 6 mths so I could be regular. When I finished the 1st cycle, my head ache started about the same time. I stopped taking the pills and my period stopped too. This is my second month now I haven't got my period.
So what i can see is it could be hormonal or the chiropractor.
I hate taking pills but I do take on and off tylenol or panadol rapid, it doesn't help> intensity varies thru out the day
Please somebody help me. Forgot to mention I also have changed a lot of pillows, but its just the same. Now recently after a few hrs of the headache my tooth starts hurting.

I really need help to understand why I am having this pain it is very distressing now.
thank you, Rita
Hi, the doctors that did the CT scans and blood work, what did they say about the headache? What was the diagnosis? Did they say the headache was migraine or tension type? With this information, I can give you more suggestions.
Thankyou for the reply> The doctor here just ruled out any of the listed possibilities and since my cholestrol (LDL) level was slightly higher than normal i.e. 145 he said it could be because of that and prescribed some statin to take to lower the cholestrol. I decided against it and am taking care of my diet instead and waliking on the tread mill.
Good, calming picture! You do not like pills, so here is something you can do.
To to get relief from headache/migraine naturally, the full pranayam exercises are described below.
Initially do Anulom Vilom (as much as you can) for the fist few days and then start the full set of pranayam.This works gradually, so allow time (1 week upto 12 weeks) and concentrate fully on the breathing. Avoid cold drinks and drink warm water.

Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 15 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom -  Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep breaths into the lungs.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times