Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraine sufferers

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraine sufferers

This is more of a help thing.... I use to suffer from migraines alot. I went to a hormone doctor, they drew blood and found out I had way to much estrogen in my body. Which can be because of milk and meat and plastics. Well being a vegitarian I knew it was not the meat...lol. But, I ate soy meat and drank soy milk. These raise you estrogen. Also I drank bottled water in plastic. WEll laying off of these helped some , got hormone free reg milk and cut down on soy meats but it took taking Indole-3 carbinol 400 mg. a day to work. Everytime I try to quit taking this migraines return. So I know it its working. Now maybe 1 day of my period or rarely two I will have a migraine and sometimes not at all. If I do have them now they are less severe. So I guess what I am saying is Anyones estrogen can be out of whack. Boy (guys have estrogen also in their body) ,girl or woman in peri-menapause. This is a natural suppliment. But, IF YOU ARE ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, IT WILL KILL IT, AND YOU COULD GET PREGNANT. Also if you ae on an estrogen birth control that may be what is causing you headaches.
Also, unfermented, non-traditional soy foods are the last thing anyone should be consuming.  Check out Dr. Mercola's website.  The majority of soy on the market is GMO and most soy products out there are unfermented.  If you think you're doing yourself a favor by consuming soy sauce even, you're not, because the majority of this even is not made the traditional manner and has wheat gluten added to it.  Be sure to check out the website.  There are fermented traditional soy products out there, but they're not the products you typically think of, even with what most of us might think of concerning Asian foods.  For the most part, you should steer clear of soy products.  This applies equally to both men and women.

Many women need progesteron, not estrogen to help balance out their hormones, especially women with issues like endometriosis.  And, as I've found out recently, it is even possible for many women to have endometriosis and their doctors miss the diagnosis.

Non-fermented soy products is like playing with fire and not a good idea to promote.  If you wish to remain vegetarian, you really need to be careful with this.  Many vegetarian women have paid the price by heavy soy consumption, because most of the population has no idea that the soy they're consuming is NOT health food.  Please, if you wish to be a vegetarian and all, please consume other forms of vegetarian protein, so you don't become one of the statistics.  I have even read posts right here on medhelp of people who now have problems after so much soy consumption.  Many are now not only outright allergic to soy itself because of this, but are now facing a nightmare explosion of other food allergies--not just food sensitivities or intolerances.  Just because soy seems to be helping now doesn't mean it won't backfire.  On the same token, just because raising your estrogen with soy seems to work for you and maybe a few others, it just isn't the right thing for the majority of the population.  Still, to be on the safe side, I strongly urge you to avoid serious problems later on and check out which traditionally FERMENTED soy products Dr. Mercola speaks about that are actually okay and that he consumes himself.  This is the one and ONLY sure way of being able to consume soy safely.  Soy milk is NOT on the safe list.  

What achilles2 said is accurate about endometriosis.  So, the soy you see around you on the market is NOT the stuff women who have or even suspect they have should be consuming.  This applies to the majority of women who have hormone issues, too.  Men can and are negatively impacted by too much soy.  I knew a man who did end up getting health issues related to some soy products that were promoted as health food and his doctor told him to stop eating the stuff he was eating.  And, he is the one who had told me about all the years up to that point, when he was a young man, people were told to stay away from soy products because it wasn't good for people.  Fortunately, after he stopped consuming those soy protein bars, after a while the problem they caused did resolve.  It took a while, though.  It was good that he told me this and it is good that I still remember what he told me about this all these years later.  
Interesting, wonder where it leaves me, my headaches started 5 years ago when i stopped taking HRT. I  used an estrogen birth control for 20 years, but didn't suffer headaches.

I drink soya milk as well.

m
Endometriosis is another reason that estrogen levels can be too high.