Migraine with Aura, can it be a syptom of other problems?
On Tues at work I experienced this for the first time.  I was looking at tv and all of the sudden there was a blotch blocking the image.  I didn't think nothing of it at first until I looked at the computer screen and I could make out the word but not the 1st letter.  I'd washed my face and thought I shook it off.  I sat at my place and out of the blue my vision became tunnel, I was very afraid.  I left work and saw my primary.  He didn't think nothing of it and said I was in good health and dismiss me.  Later that evening I went to the ER and had MRI done.  And they said it is migrane with aura and I went to the eye doctor to have my eyes examine and same story.  but now other symptoms are showing up.  My breathing is like through a pipe but heart doesn't hurt and it come and go and now there is a pain in my left leg.  I like some comfort, I am very scared....

I have complicated migraine syndrome which includes migraine with aura.  The visual disturbances you are describing could be the aura to a migraine. Some people get the aura, but never get the head pain.  In others, like me, we get the aura and then excrutiating pain in the head follows.  There can also be pain, numbness, tingling, and electric shock sensations in back, arms or legs, or both. As bad as all this is, it is not fatal.  Rather than worry, whatever is causing your symptoms, I would suggest you see a neurologist, especially since your primary just dismisssed you like that. Good luck! Will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks for your support...
I would go and get a checkup by a neurologist. If it is migraine with aura like mine was, start taking Magnesium glycinate 250 mg twice a day. It will keep them away.
I went to the neurologist today and he looked over my report from the MRI and as he concluded with the other doctors that I had migrane with aura and with other symptoms as well.  My main fear was that I can lose my vision from this but he reassured me that my vision will come back and NO one has gone blind from this.  My primary prescribed xanax for any stress and anxiety.  I'll only take it when I need it.  I don't want to rely on it too much.  I am definitely not welcoming the next episode.  Thanks for the tip on Magnesium.  I'll incorporate that into my diet.
Good luck Jimmy. Make sure it's Mag. Glycinate, it's the only one that worked for me and it's highly absorbable. You might get a headache or two until it works, but if you do this religiously it will work.