Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraines, right eye pain, blurry vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I am a 29 year old female and I have been suffering from severe migraines since I had my daughter (4 years ago). Since about 4 months ago my migraines have gotten more frequent and intense and now I have also been experiencing severe RIGHT eye pain (pressure like). My vision in the RIGHT eye when I suffered the pain and shortly after becomes very blurry (very obvious when trying to see at a distance). The eye pain is not always accompanied by a migraine but when I take Excedrin migraine it seems to help alleviate the pain a little. I visited an opthalmologist who assured me my vision is actually fine and the pressure on my eyes is fine as well. I then visited a neurologist who put me on Topamax twice daily and gave me Maxalt in case I have a very bad Migraine. She then sent me for a brain MRI with and without contrast. I have an aunt that was diagnosed recently with MS and my doctor informed me that some people with MS might suffer early in the condition with something called Optic Neuritis. Can somebody weight in on this for me? Is MS genetic? Is it possible to have it and not have any other type of symptoms, should I be concerned? I had my MRI done this past Monday and I have not heard from the Doctor, would they called you ASAP if they find a lesion on your MRI. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
I too went through the same things that you are experiencing now.  Have your neuro to check you for Devics.  It's in the MS family (but much worse).  I was diagnosed with MS in Dec.'06 and then 2 months later was told that I didn't have MS but Devics.  I suffered pain behind my eyes (blur vision), had migraines and then alot more.  So please have him to check you for Devics.
Ellen
I appreciate your post Ellen. Getting an answer for your symptoms can be so frustrating at times and having somebody that can point you in some direction helps a  lot. Thanks for your help and best of lucks to you :)

Karen
hi, Im a 43 yr old and just recently started have pain in my right eys and now blurred fision, my right is sensitive to bright light. just the one eye.
the head ach come later. not sure what is going on but wanted to ask questions