Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraines and Head feels weird

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migraines and Head feels weird

Hello, hopefully this makes sense. I have been having migraines and or headaches for a few months now. They are usually behind my eyes. Sharp stabbing pains in the center of my head, sometimes off to the side. Warm sensation on neck where skull meets spine. I sleep 5-7 hours a night, always waking up a few times. When I finally wake up for good, I am light headed, dizzy, and feel "off", like lethargic. Its hard to describe.

Through out the day I will get vertigo, sometimes really bad. I have been diagnosed with vertigo and migraines (ocular as well). My eyes are always bothering me and my headaches or migraines and the weird head feeling I get of fogginess or lightheaded lethargy is sometimes unbearable.

i work on computers all day long. its my job. I went to eye doctor a year ago, got glasses. Migraines got worse again, went to eye doctor again, got a new prescription. Migraines got worse again, went back to my old glasses and old prescription. Now its all coming back. Not sure what to do. Any ideas of what is going on with my head? Its making me nervous now.

I also smoke about a pack a day. (in process of quitting), and I do not drink.

Any help would be awesome. I know I should go to a doctor, but last time they were going to refer me to a neurologist, which I will gladly go to, but I want to know more first.

Thank you
Hi there......sorry to hear that you are experiencing those symptoms.  There are so many things that can cause these symptoms.  Have you ever had MRI of brain or any other testing done??  Neurologist seems to be the right direction to turn, as they would hopefully know what test to order to help diagnose your condition.  I have similar symptoms along with many others for which I was diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation once MRI of brain was done.  Maybe you should also journal your symptoms that way you will have a log to take to your MD appt.  Also pay attention to any activity that may exacerbate your symptoms & log that also (helps the doc sometimes).  Good luck with your quest for answers & hope this may help in some way!!
Fyi......stick to the thought of smoking cessation.  I encourage anyone to quit smoking!!!  I quit 9 months ago after smoking 1-2 packs daily for 25yrs.  I thought it would be much harder than it was, but I also put in my mind that I was stronger than a dang cigarette & would not allow it to beat me!!!!!   I also told myself daily that the "future world" would not allow smoking anywhere & did not want to end up like some criminal trying to get my "fix".  I went on vacation to Costa Rica in 2014 & the entire country does not allow any smoking (e-cig included) in any common area outside or in (which means if public is allowed, then no smoking).  No smoking on balcony of room, in or around pool area, in parking lots/streets or on beach (basically had to sneak a smoke & hope not to get a fine)!!
I have had MRI's done a few times. I have had a few concussions and also because of my ocular migraine. Ill need to make an appointment for a neurologist. It is unfortunate because I am a graphic designer by trade and by passion and I can barely focus half the time now days...

Thank you for your input!
Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.

The following is a copy/paste of some info I gave to another poster. Try them and see if you feel any better.

1. For the dizziness...get some Meclizine 25 mg. You can take one 3 times daily as needed.
2. Take Excedrin for the pain. Even if you are just having the quick sharp pains, if it is often enough I would still take some because it will help.
3. The popping feeling is normal with migraines...it is actually caused by stress, which stress is a huge factor in migraines as well so, it all gets intertwined together.
4. The confusion is also caused by the migraines...the more migraines you get the more confusion and memory loss you will have. (I have trouble finding the right word or word I want to use.)
5. Use a bandanna or cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head. The pain of a migraine is caused by the blood vessels in your brain becoming dilated so, putting a BIT of pressure against those blood vessels gives a little relief. You can also rub Mentholatum across forehead and on temples and you can do that with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat.