Migraines & Headaches Community
Migraines and aneurysms
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Migraines and aneurysms

My mother died from a brain aneurysm.  I have migraine headaches that seem to be centered in the exact area that her aneurysm was located - the right side of the head in the "temple area."  Should I be concerned that I may also have an aneurysm in the same spot?  The reason I know exactly where her's was located is that she lived long enough to have surgery to repair it but then things went horribly bad with a major stroke after surgery.  With this history and my headache location should I ask for an MRI to either confirm or relieve my concern?  I'm a 53 year old female.  She also had several TIAs before the aneurysm rupture - should we have looked at those as warning signs?  The doctor's then downplayed the significance of the TIAs but in hindsight and for my future benefit, should I be concerned if I experience TIAs?
Tags: aneurysms