Migraines that start with extreme Neck Pain.
two weekends ago I had a massive migrain that started without warning, while I strained talking too loud on a microphone.  The pain started in my neck and shot throughout my head.  The pain was soo intense and after it subsided I have been feeling a minor headache (2-5 on 10) throughout the whole 2 weeks.  Also, within the two weeks I had another 2 severe episodes with the pain starting in my neck.  One time it was right before climax during intercourse and the other was during a very intense argument with a stranger.  Each time, I was paralyzed from the extreme pain.  What can this be?  I did an MRI last Thursday, and while I await detailed results, the technician said he found no blood in the brain.  What can this be?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There is a chance that you have compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. Spinal nerve compression causes the headaches that hurt from the bottom neck, up to the back of ear, into temples and then finally stopping at eyes. You need a MRI of the cervical spine.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!