Migraines & Headaches Community
Migrane or parasites

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migrane or parasites

Ive developed an eye twitch, that has gone on few 3 days, and on the third day i began having severe pain in the right side of my head. I saw an eye doctor today, and there was nothing wrong with my eye. I also so my Family doctor and he told me from the symptoms that it was a migrane (migraine).

Long story short, i have reason to believe that i could have come in contact with parasites. Can parasites in the brain cause migranes (migraines)? How would i go about knowing, without testing if i had parasites, symptomatically? Id KNOW if i had a foreign object in my brain, right?

I have no fever. Just pain, a little blurred vision, nausea and im a bit tired. The dilation of the eyes didnt help any of these symptoms.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? To rule out parasite infection, further tests may be done including imaging studies of the brain. Cysticercosis, a parasitic tissue infection that affects the brain, muscle, or other tissue may present with seizures and/or headaches, confusion, difficulty with balance, brain swelling, and excess fluid around the brain. Have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.
Im scheduled to see a neurologist in a few days. I had only convinced myself that i had parasites, since i was recently made aware of an incident where a woman in fact Did have a parasite in her brain, from undercooked pork/unwashed hands. Freaked me out a bit, when i started getting these headaches.

A new concern is, blood clots. I find it nearly *Impossible* for a healthy person like myself to even come close to having a blood clot anywhere in my body. Im totally isotonic. even though im young, i treat my body with care and proper maintenance, like everyone should. Pain medication only works sometimes for these headaches.

Ive been reading about blood clots, and ive learned that you cant get rid of the pain that they cause with regular pain meds. Ive got a bit of anxiety, and a lot of other things on my mind, so i cant tell if the pain is actually going away, or if the medication is just making me feel good to the point where i dont notice it, or it doesnt bother me. lol i guess that means its working, but i still feel some pain occasionally while under the effects of the drugs, even though its minuscule.

(My percocet just started working, and im still feeling slight pain. 5/325 was the dose. i also took 500mg acetaminophen with it, and another 30 minutes after.)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to see your neurologist? A blood clot or thrombus that breaks loose and travels from one location in the body to another is called an embolus. These can block blood flow from the blood vessel which prevents normal blood flow and oxygen from reaching the tissues in that location leading to ischemia. If ischemia is not treated promptly, it can result in tissue damage, or death of the tissues in that area.Continue with your medications as prescribed and do keep us posted.
Im seeing a neurologist in on the 8th. I dont know what they'll find. But i hope they see nothing and this is just a normal migrane (migraine). Im still getting headaches every day. Not much i can do but wait.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to see your neurologist? I know that the most difficult time is waiting for the answers and being in the dark. Hang on and always stay positive. A headache journal may also help identify possible triggers to your headache attacks. You could really benefit also from imaging studies of the brain to rule out any organic causes. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Yes, Got back from the neurologist a few hours ago, and i was Diagnosed with "Simple seizures without intercranial epilepsy". She has put me on Depakote 125mg to be taken once a day, and she also suggested that i take "Excedrin Migrane (migraine)". The caffeine in the Excedrin gave me a burst of energy that i needed to use up, so i took a long bike ride, (I ride my bicycle to make me feel better when im feeling ill.. of course if im too ill i know better.)

Im going to mention that i have pain all up and down my spine, mostly in the middle, and ear pain. These are two things i forgot to mention during the evaluation. Are these kinds of pains significantly Odd or Common for migranes (migraines) and seizures?

I dont want to entirely rule out a parasitic infection, since i have strange sensations in my skull, such as tickling and "crawling". Even after i take benedryll, that normally lowers the feeling of itchiness. This sensation im feeling could be caused by the migrane (migraine)/seizures. but This all started so recently, and im thinking of all the times that i might have come in contact with the parasites. There are many, in retrospect. It just alludes to how careless and unhygienic i can be. Being around kids, also isnt a benefit when trying to break habits, like opening door handles with the outside of my shirt... im a bit OCD, but not getting Brain parasites was the only upside to that it seems. lol I know its a bit silly to assume that i have parasites in my brain, but its not impossible.

Ill be getting an MRI in approximately two weeks.Perhaps sooner, if even together the over the counter excedrin and the depakote do not work.

Id like to ask, What is your opinion of this product? http://www.oasisadvancedwellness.com/products/terminator-2.html

here is a video about a the zapper, and someones personal experience with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6vLGppqrHk

From the sound of it, it could be an effective treatment for the seizures and headaches, as well as keeping the body free from foreign bodies.

Thanks for keeping up with me.